While New York is preparing for Fashion Week, in the South we are preparing for Mardi Gras. Then I realized how women in both cities could use a good survival kit and Manhattanite is here to provide it.
Top 5 picks for baring Fashion Week or Mardi Gras:
1. Back-up shoes. From romping around the city, to standing in lines, and dancing, no vixen will make it all day in those sky high stilettos. Bring a pair of Aftersoles or CitySlips roll up ballet flats to swap out. Both pairs roll up snug and small, so they take up minimal room in your mini-sized bag. CitySlips also come in a bag that you can throw your stilettos in to after swapping in to your more comfortable shoes.
2. Hair Powder. Great from going from that late night party to getting up early and those days you don’t have time for a shower!– hope from bed to out the door quickly for conferences or to catch the next parade. I love Cake hair & body powder– and it’s available for darker hues and lighter hues.
3. Umbrella. Again, we’re going for minimum size in your mini bag, so I’d recommend the Travel Size Umbrella in Perch. Sweet and stylish, so you won’t get embarrassed by its appearance or by getting caught in a thunderstorm.
4. Notebooks. What girl goes to fashion week with a place to jot down notes, ideas, reactions, and epiphanies about the collections? What girl goes to Mardi Gras with paper for passing out and collecting the numbers of all the beautiful men (or women!) in the city? Be chic and stylish with this Andy Warhol In Style Journal or this adorable chocolate stripes mini journal.
5. Headbands. When done right, an instant stylin’ accessory and easy way to keep your hair out of your face. Make sure your locks don’t get in the way when you can get that amazing photograph of Anna Wintour or from missing the jump for the best swag on the float. I love this Head Dress Raw Silk Headband and, of course, this Lauren Moshi one.